We encourage all parents to support our school uniform requirements by ensuring that all pupils wear it correctly and present themselves appropriately at all times. Our school uniform and sports clothing is stocked by Bartletts Schoolwear of East Street, Wimborne. They are the sole supplier of our school sweatshirt, tie, P.E. leggings and P.E. top. Please visit Bartletts' website for prices and further information:
Parents are asked to ensure that school uniform skirts and trousers comply with the above. Where there is any doubt in the suitability of an item of uniform in school, parents are asked to contact the Head of Year before a purchase is made.
- Plain black PE shorts (lycra shorts are not permitted eg. Nike Pros)
- School zipper top (optional)
- Maroon sports t-shirt
- Black Football socks
- White sports socks
- Trainers [PE only]
- Studded boots for field sports (optional)
- Black tracksuit trousers or school LMS black leggings (can be bought from Bartletts Schoolwear only)
- Black long sleeve 'Skins' type top can be worn for outdoor winter sports underneath the school maroon sports t-shirt
Please note: Our new P.E. kit was introduced from September 2022. Children in years 7 and 8 can continue to wear our existing P.E. kit during the transition period.
All items of school clothing, footwear and equipment should be clearly marked with the child's name. Please regularly check that your child's belongings remain named.
Hairstyles, makeup and Jewellery:
- Hair length should be reasonable and not represent extreme fashion.
- Long hair must always be tied back for practical lessons for reasons of hygiene and safety.
- Pupils are not permitted to wear make-up.
- Nail varnish, flash lashes' ad false nails of any type are not permitted.
- Pupils are permitted to wear one plain stud in each ear lobe only. This must be removed or taped, if freshly pierced, during PE.
- Pupils may wear a watch.
Good quality secondhand uniform is available to purchase via the Friends of Lockyer's Facebook page. Please click here to send them a message.
It is important that children begin to be encouraged to take responsibility for their belongings. Therefore, we ask that you provide the following items.
We will of course provide spares in case of emergencies.